How to add multiple organization IDs so different tenants can use the same Managed Google Play private app
Last updated July 26th, 2023
- Knox Manage (KM)
Organizations that have multiple Knox Manage environments may upload the same APK as Managed Google Play Private App to multiple tenants. However, the app cannot be uploaded to each tenant individually, as you cannot upload the same package names to different environments.
This article explains how you can upload a private app and allow multiple tenants to use the app.
How do I add multiple organization IDs so different tenants can use the same Managed Google Play private app?
Follow the steps below to add different tenants and use the same Managed Google Play private app:
- Sign in to the Knox Manage tenant that is hosting the app as a private Managed Google Play app.
- Go to the Application page.
- Click Add, then for the app type select Android, Public and Managed Google Play Private.
- Click the app that other tenants and customers want to sync with their tenant.
- Click Make advanced edits. The Google Admin console 1 opens with app listed. This can be identified from the top-right corner.
- Click Set Up > Advanced Settings > Managed Google Play.
- Click Add Organization and enter relevant organization ID 2 and organization Name 2.
- Click Save Changes.
- Inspect the list to ensure your app is added.
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!