Set system update freeze period
Last updated July 26th, 2023
When applying system updates to devices running Android 9.0 (API 29) and higher, IT admins can use the Freeze Period option to delay deployment of system update to target devices. The following are important points to consider:
- Support for all update policies — The Freeze Period option supports all kinds of update policy such as automatic, postpone, and windowed.
- Freeze periods apply one at a time — Currently, IT admins cannot set up freeze periods that overlap each other. IT admins can set up multiple freeze periods but only one freeze period applies to devices at one time.
- Freeze period duration — IT admins can add a total freeze period of 90 days.
- Multiple freeze periods — Two freeze periods cannot overlap each other and must remain separated by a minimum of 60 days.
To modify the profile policies, including adding System update freeze period restrictions, complete the following steps:
Navigate to Profile.
On the Profile page, click the name of a profile to modify.
On the Profile Details page, click Modify Policy.
On the Set Policy page, configure the policies. For more information, see Configure profile policies by device platform.
Click Save & Assign to save the information and to proceed with assigning the policies to devices.
- Click Save to only save the information.
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!