Add an administrator
Last updated December 13th, 2023
You can send email invitations to add super admins, sub-admins, service admins, or read-only admins to the Knox Manage console. You can also download the list of admins as an XLSX file.
Add an admin
To add an admin account:
Go to Setting > Administrator in the Knox Manage console.
On the Administrator page, click Add.
On the Add Administrator page, enter the following information:
Field Value Administrator Type
Select how to add an admin:
- Select New to create a new admin account.
- Select EMM User to select an existing user to promote to the admin role.
Admin ID Enter an ID for the admin. Admin Name Enter the admin name. Enter the admin's email address. Mobile Number Enter the mobile phone number of the admin. Role Select the admin's role. Menu Select the console pages that the admin can access. Super admins have full access to all pages. Read-only admins have irrevocable read-only access to all the pages, except Report. Menu > Group
Specify the device commands the admin can use to manage groups:
- All device commands
- Selected device commands
For sub-admins, you can specify permissions at either the group-level or the organization-level.
Menu > Organization
Specify the actions the admin can perform on the Organization page:
- Manage (Add, Modify, and Delete). Allows the admin to add, modify, and delete organizations.
- Do not Manage (Add, Modify, and Delete). Gives the admin read-only access to the page.
- Read Only Including Other Menus. Gives the admin read-only access to the Organization, Device, User, Sync Service, and Dashboard pages.
Menu > Application Determine whether the admin can access the Application page. Menu > Profile Determine whether the admin can access the Profile page. Menu > Certificate Determine whether the admin can access the Certificate page. Menu > Audit Determine whether the admin can access the Audit page. Menu > Report Determine whether the admin can access the Report page. Menu > Service Desk Limit the admin so they can only access the Knox Manage console through the mobile web app. Menu > Security Code in the Device Restrict the admin's access to the security codes of a device. By default, all admins can view the Unlock Code, Unenrollment Code, and Exit Kiosk Code on the Device Details page. Menu > Service Type
(Service admin only) Select the device commands that the admin is allowed to use:
- Allow All Device Command. Allows the service admin to use all device commands.
- Selected Device Command Only. Allows the service admin to use only certain device commands as defined by the Device Command setting.
Menu > Device Command
(Service admin only) Select the device commands that the admin is allowed use. You can restrict:
- Push Profile
- Lock/Unlock Device
- Clear Screen Lock
- Factory Reset
- Push notification
- Unenroll & Force Unenroll Device
- Delete App Data
- Delete Unenrolled Device
Click Save (new admins) or Invite (Samsung accounts). Then click OK.
If the email address entered on this page is correct, the secondary IT admin receives an email notification. When the email recipient clicks this link, the Verify your Samsung Account details page opens, where they can verify their Samsung Account details.
The secondary admin then enters the appropriate details to create their new Samsung Account.
Upon successful completion of the account creation process, the Knox Admin Portal opens to show all relevant Knox cloud services in a single unified portal.
Change an admin password (super admins)
Super admins can change their account passwords and the passwords of sub-admin accounts.
To change a password:
- Go to Setting > Administrator in the Knox Manage console.
- On the Administrator page, click the check box for an admin you want to change the password for, and then click Change Password.
- On the Change Password screen, enter a new password.
- (Optional) Select Reset after Sign-in to prompt the admin to reset the password after signing in.
- Click Save.
Change an admin password (sub-admins)
The super admin sets the initial password for all users. Sub-admins must ask the super admin for an initial password for their first login. After the initial login, the Change Password screen opens, allowing sub-admins to change the password.
In accordance with each country or region’s privacy policies, ensure that you notify the admin or obtain consent before registering them as users in the Knox Manage console.
Is this page helpful?