Set up the VPP
Last updated July 26th, 2023
If you purchase applications through managed distribution, before adding the applications to Knox Manage, you must download a VPP token from Apple and register it on Knox Manage. A VPP token functions as a link between the VPP website and Knox Manage and enables importing the license codes of the purchased applications.
A VPP token can be renewed on a yearly basis. Thirty days prior to the expiration date a pop-up alert shows reminding you to renew the token.
Purchasing applications on the VPP website
To purchase applications, complete the following steps:
Visit the VPP website https://volumepurchaseprogramcredit.apple.com/itunes/index.do.
Sign in to the VPP website using your Apple Business account.
Search for and click the application you want to buy.
Enter the application quantity and select the distribution method from the following:
Purchase the application. If you buy a paid application, you can use your VPP credit or a credit card to pay for it.
Downloading a VPP token from the VPP website
If you purchased applications through managed distribution, download a VPP token to add the applications to Knox Manage.
To download a VPP token, complete the following steps:
- Sign in to the VPP website https://volumepurchaseprogramcredit.apple.com/itunes/index.do using your Apple Business account.
- On the top right of the screen, click the user name and then Account Summary.
- In the Managed Distribution section, click Download Token to download the token.
Registering the VPP token
Register the downloaded VPP token on the Knox Manage console to add the purchased applications through managed distribution.
To register the VPP token, complete the following steps:
If the IT admin renews the VPP token, then the assigned licenses as well as the apps on the target devices remain intact while the token is renewed.
- Navigate to Setting > iOS > VPP Server Setting.
- On the VPP Server Setting page, click Upload/Renew VPP token at the bottom of the page.
- In the Upload VPP token window, click and select the downloaded token file.
- Click OK. When the upload is finished, VPP integration is complete and the VPP applications are added to the application list in the Admin Portal.
- Click Setting to enter the interval at which the VPP server is synced to the Knox Manage server. You can enter an interval from 0 to 120 hours.
Deleting a VPP token
In case of VPP admin account changes or the VPP token being reset, IT admins can now delete existing VPP tokens, resulting in revoking licenses and deleting VPP apps from devices and the Knox Manage console. If the IT admin renews the VPP token, then the assigned licenses as well as the apps on the target devices remain intact while the token is renewed.
To delete a VPP token, complete the following steps:
- On the Knox Manage console, on the left hand menu, go to Setting > iOS > VPP Server setting.
- On the VPP Server Setting screen that opens, click Remove VPP Token.
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!