Assess at-risk Play Integrity status of a device
Last updated September 28th, 2023
- Knox Manage
When a device fails to pass a software integrity check through Play Integrity, the Device Details page on the Knox Manage console reports it as having a Violated status.
A Violated status can be caused by the following:
- Temporary network issues where the device hasn’t reported to the Play Integrity API
- The actual integrity of the device is compromised
To check whether the Violated status is the result of a network issue:
- On the Knox Manage console, go to Device.
- Click the name of the device to view its details.
- Click Device Command at the bottom-right of the page.
- In the list of device commands, click Device Info Sync > Play Integrity (SafetyNet Attestation).
- When prompted to confirm, click OK.
After a moment, refreshing the browser updates the Play Integrity status of the device. If the status is now Normal, the Violated status was the result of a network issue. If the status is still Violated, there’s a chance that the device integrity is compromised.
If you have reason to suspect that the device integrity is compromised, the recommended course of action is to factory reset and re-enroll the device.
If you have any further issues with a Play Integrity status, submit a support ticket.Back to KBAs
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!