App unable to complete uninstallation
Last updated November 30th, 2023
- Knox Manage
- Android Enterprise
When the App Uninstallation Prevention List Setting policy is configured to prevent the uninstallation of an app, you may encounter an error where sending the Uninstall App command to the device results in the app becoming stuck in an uninstallation state. The uninstallation fails and the app is still accessible by the device user.
Using the App Uninstallation Prevention List Setting policy and the Uninstall App command on the same app results in conflicting actions, causing the issue.
To resolve the issue on the device, the device user must clear the Google Play Store app cache:
- On the device, go to Settings.
- Tap Apps > Google Play Store > Storage.
- Tap Clear cache.
To clear the cache for multiple devices with a device command:
- On the Knox Manage console, go to Device.
- Select one or more devices.
- Click Device Command. The Device Command dialog opens.
- In the Application drawer, click Delete App Data.
- Search for Google Play Store with the package name com.android.vending. Click the app.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 1–5 for Google Play services, with the package name com.google.android.gms.
Sending the device command Delete App Data to a device will delete both the app cache and the app data.
If the app must be uninstalled, you must check and remove apps from the App Uninstallation Prevention List Setting policy before performing the Uninstall App command.Back to KBAs
Is this page helpful?