How to add a keyboard language to a kiosk
Last updated July 26th, 2023
- Knox Manage (KM)
- Fully Managed Android Enterprise device
- Multi-app or Single-app Kiosk mode
You can add Samsung keyboard to devices in Kiosk mode so that device users can add their preferred language to the keyboard.
How to add a language to a device keyboard in Kiosk mode
To add a keyboard language:
- On the KM console, go to Kiosk.
- Select the desired multi-app kiosk or single-app kiosk and click Modify.
- Click Add Control Application. The Add Control App dialog opens.
- Specify the package name and app name:
- Package Name — com.samsung.android.honeyboard
- Application Name — Samsung Keyboard
- Click Save.
- Click Allowlisted Apps Settings > Select. The Select Application dialog opens.
- Search for and select Samsung Keyboard.
- Click OK, then Save the changes.
- Select the newly modified kiosk and click Apply.
The new configuration applies to the kiosk. To add their preferred language to the device, the device user must:
- Tap the gear icon > Keyboard Settings, then select the language.
For an overview of Kiosk mode, refer to About Kiosk mode.
For more information on managing kiosks, see Create a kiosk using the Kiosk Wizard.Back to KBAs
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!