How to configure longer screen timeouts in Knox Manage
Last updated July 26th, 2023
- Knox Manage (KM)
- Knox Suite License or Knox Platform for Enterprise (KPE) License
- Knox Service Plugin (KSP)
You can configure the device screen timeout length for when you need the device to be on for longer periods of time, such as when it’s in Kiosk mode. A policy setting currently exists within Android Enterprise, which allows for a maximum screen time of 10 minutes. If you need more than 10 minutes, you can configure this by using a Knox Service Plugin (KSP) policy within the Knox Manage Portal.
How do I configure longer screen timeouts in Knox Manage?
On the KM console, click Profile. Select the desired profile and click Modify Policy. The Set Policy page opens.
Expand the Samsung Knox (Android Enterprise) > Knox Service Plugin policy drawer.
Click Device-Wide policies > Enable device Policy Controls > True.
Set Device customization controls (Premium) > Enable device customization to True.
Expand Device and Settings customization profile (Premium) > Configure values in settings menu, then click + and configure each of the following settings:
- Set Name of the Setting item to Display > Screen Timeout.
- Set Set value for the setting to Use specified value and enter a value in milliseconds.
- Set Specify value to any value between 15,000 milliseconds (15 seconds) and 600,000 milliseconds (10 minutes). For example, enter 120000 for 2 minutes or 300000 for 5 minutes.
- Set Allow end-user modification of this setting to False.
- Set Configure to hide settings to True.
Click Save and follow the prompts to save your changes to the profile.
Back on the Profile Details page, click Apply to push the profile changes to the devices it’s assigned to.
To read more about Knox Manage, please refer to the Knox Manage guide.
For more about Knox Manage policies, please refer to the Knox Manage policies.Back to KBAs
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!