Devices remain in expired state after changing license
Last updated December 19th, 2023
- Knox Manage
- A valid Knox Manage license with the KLM09 prefix
- An expired Knox Manage license with the KLM12 prefix
After changing an expired Knox Manage license with the KLM12 prefix to a valid Knox Manage license with the KLM09 prefix, some devices may continue to be in the Expired status.
The Update License device command isn’t supported for changing a Knox Manage license with the KLM12 prefix to a license with a KLM09 prefix. A device with a newer license gets locked if an older license is applied to it.
If both Knox Manage licenses are visible from the tenant, the older license type is labelled as Legacy Knox Manage.
To change a Knox Manage license with the KLM12 prefix to an older Knox Manage license with the KLM09 prefix:
- On the Knox Manage console, go to Setting > License.
- Add a Knox Platform for Enterprise Premium license.
- Click Change License. The Select Change License Type dialog opens.
- Under Assign License, select Legacy Knox Manage or New Knox Manage (starting with KLM12) → Legacy Knox Manage with KPE.
- Click Next.
- In the Organization tab, select all organizations that use a Knox Manage license, then click Assign.
To change the license type of individual users, go to the User tab in the Assign License dialog, select the users with a Knox Manage license, and click Assign.
Is this page helpful?