Faq 645 how to install a km agent on ios dep devices when installation fails
Last updated July 26th, 2023
How to install the Knox Manage agent on iPhones when installation fails
For iOS devices enrolled through Apple’s Automated Device Enrollment, also known as Automated Device Enrollment (ADE), the Knox Manage (KM) agent is installed and automatically authenticated. When the KM agent is not installed on a device, policies can be applied to the device, but some features such as manual app installation and notifications are restricted.
First, diagnose whether either of the following scenarios prevented the device from enrolling:
- The device user declined to install the KM agent or to sign into the App Store with their Apple ID.
- The device user installed the KM agent directly from the App Store.
To resolve either of the above scenarios, try the following resolutions:
- On the KM console, send the Update Knox Manage Agent command to the device. This command sends both the KM agent installation and authentication credentials for enrollment at the same time. In addition, the device user is required to sign in to the App Store on the device with their personal Apple ID.
- Make ADE enrollment mandatory. On the KM console, go to Device Enrollment > Apple ADE > ADE Server Setting > Set ADE Default Profile . Under Skip Settings , uncheck Apple ID .
- Install the Knox Manage agent to devices by adding and assigning it as a Volume Purchase Program app.
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!