Device enrolled in Knox Manage not receiving commands
Last updated July 26th, 2023
- Knox Manage (KM)
- Android Enterprise (AE)
In Knox Manage (KM), some customers are experiencing an issue when sending commands to an AE-enrolled device with the latest KM agent installed.
In the KM console, you may be unable to perform the following device actions:
- Reset the screen password
- Update the Last seen status
- Send device commands
The Data Saver feature is enabled on the device, which optimizes data usage by preventing apps from using data in the background.
You must either disable Data Saver on the affected devices or disallow the policy in the KM console to allow the KM agent to run in the background.
On the device:
Disable the Data Saver feature on the device by navigating to Settings > Connections > Data usage > Data saver, and selecting Off.
In the Knox Manage console:
Disallow the Data Saver Mode policy to allow the KM agent to work in the background.
- In the KM console, select Profile.
- Select a created profile > Modify Profile Info.
- Under Android Enterprise, ensure Samsung Knox is selected, then select Save and Set Policy.
- Under Samsung Knox (Android Enterprise) > System > Data Saver Mode, select Disallow.
- Select Save and Assign.
For steps on how to set up a KM profile, see the KM admin guide.Back to KBAs
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!