Unable to enter managed Google Play Account during device enrollment
Last updated June 30th, 2023
- Knox Manage
- Work profile on company-owned device
- Enrolled with the afw#KnoxManage token (DPC identifier enrollment)
- Devices running Android 12 or higher
When enrolling a work profile on a company-owned device with the afw#KnoxManage token, you may encounter an issue where the Email or phone field is greyed out, preventing the user from entering their managed Google Play Account name. If the user taps Next, the following message shows:
Enter a valid email or phone number
As long as a managed Google Play Account isn’t added to the device, no assigned managed Google Play apps will be installed automatically on the device, and the device will only partially enroll.
When managed Google Play account registration is completed on the device, the Google token error BAD_AUTHENTICATION is returned. This issue has been reported to Google.
To resolve the issue, you must manually send the Register Managed Google Play Account command to the device:
- On the Knox Manage console, go to Device.
- Select the device.
- Click Device Command. The Device Command dialog opens.
- Expand Knox Manage and click Register Managed Google Play Account.
- Click OK.
The user can add the account, and therefore fully enroll the device.Back to KBAs
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!