How to block the activation of adding new keyboards
Last updated July 26th, 2023
- Knox Manage (KM)
- Knox Service Plugin (KSP)
- Android Enterprise (AE): Device Owner
The following configuration allows you to block the ability to use a keyboard other than the default keyboard on Samsung devices. The configuration created is based on the KSP profile in Knox Manage. To run the conﬁguration in the KM console, you must have a Knox Suite license or a free Knox Platform Enterprise (KPE) license.
You can use the same KSP configuration for other EMMs (Enterprise Mobility Management).
How to block the activation of adding a new keyboard?
- On the left sidebar of your KM console, click Profile > Modify Policy.
- Go to Samsung Knox Android Enterprise.
- Search for Knox Service Plugin > Device-wide policies (Selectively applicable to Fully Manage Device (DO) or Work Profile-on company-owned devices (WP-C) mode as noted).
- Open Enable device policy controls, change the option to True.
- Search for Device customization controls (Premium).
- Go to Enable device customization, change the option to True.
- In the KSP menu, go to Device and Settings customization profile (Premium).
- Go to Configure values in the settings menu.
- In the Setting item menu, search General Management > Language and Input > On-screen keyboard > Default keyboard.
- In Set value for the setting, open menu and use option Off.
- In addition, you can prevent the user from modifying the settings. Go to Allow end-user modification of this setting, change the option to False.
- The Configure to hide settings allows you to hide settings for the user of the device. To hide this settings, change the option to True.
- Click Save > OK.
- Click Apply > OK.
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!