How to Control Applications download within Personal Profile
Last updated July 26th, 2023
- Knox Manage (KM)
- Android Enterprise - Work Profile on Company-owned Device
- Android 11 or later
When you configure devices to have a Work Profile, you might want to control the apps that can be downloaded by the user on the device’s Personal Profile. This article will guide you in specifying what apps can or cannot be downloaded in the Personal Profile with the Google Play Store.
How to configure and control app downloads within the Personal Profile?
- Sign in to the KM console, then go to the Profile page.
- Select the profile, then click Modify Policy.
- Go to the Application policy group under Android Enterprise.
- Enable App Download Block/Allowlist Setting by selecting one of the following options:
Option 1: Blocklist Setting (Specify the apps to prohibit from downloading)
- This option enables the App Download Blocklist.
- You can click the Add button to specify the apps to prohibit downloading or the Add all button.
Option 2: Allowlist Setting (Specify the apps to allow downloading)
- This option enables the App Download Allowlist.
- You can click the Add button to specify the apps to allow downloading.
For steps on how to add a public app, see the KM admin guide.Back to KBAs
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!