How to turn adaptive brightness on and off with Knox Service Plugin
Last updated July 26th, 2023
- Knox Manage
- Knox Suite license or Knox Platform for Enterprise license
- Knox Service Plugin
There may be situations where you want to restrict the ability of users to turn adaptive brightness on and off, such as when the device is being used in a public setting in Kiosk mode.
Adaptive brightness is a feature that automatically changes the screen’s brightness based on the amount of light detected. To toggle adaptive brightness, you can set a policy with Knox Service Plugin.
This feature is available in Knox Service Plugin 22.11 and on devices running Android 13 (Knox 3.9) or higher.
How do I turn the adaptive brightness on and off with Knox Service Plugin?
To turn the adaptive brightness on and off:
On the Knox Manage console, go to Profile.
Create a new profile or modify an existing profile.
Expand the Samsung Knox > Knox Service Plugin policy drawer, and set the following policies:
- Device-wide policies > Enable device policy controls — True
- Device-wide policies > Device customization controls (Premium) > Enable device customization — True
Under Device and Settings customization profile (Premium) > Configure values in settings menu, create the following configuration (by default, the first configuration is called Configuration 1):
- Name of the Setting item — Search for Display > Adaptive brightness
- Set value for the setting — On or Off
- Allow end-user modification of this setting — False
- Configure to hide settings — True
Click Save & Assign to save your changes and assign the profile to your device group.
Adaptive brightness is then turned on or off for the devices associated with your profile, and device users can’t change the setting.
To read more about Knox Manage, please refer to the Knox Manage admin guide.
For more about Android policies in KM, please refer to Android Enterprise policies.Back to KBAs
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!