How to set a custom boot and shutdown animation using Knox Manage
Last updated July 26th, 2023
- Knox Manage
- Knox Manage with Knox Platform for Enterprise license key
- Fully managed devices with or without a work profile
- Samsung devices running Knox 3.3 and higher
This feature is a Premium feature. To get started with custom animations, the device must be a Samsung device running Android 9 or higher and enrolled using a Knox Manage with Knox Platform for Enterprise license.
This article guides you through the steps on how to set custom boot and shutdown animations for your fleet of devices managed in Knox Manage.
Previously, you could only set custom animations in Knox Configure, but the Knox Service Plugin now extends the feature to Knox Manage as well.
How do I set a custom boot and shutdown animation using Knox Manage?
To set a custom boot and shutdown animation for your devices, you need a Knox Manage with Knox Platform for Enterprise license and a Samsung device with Knox 3.3 and higher running in device owner mode:
- Go to Profile, then create or edit an Android Enterprise Fully Managed or Fully Managed with Work Profile profile.
- In your profile, go to Samsung Knox (Android Enterprise).
- In the sidebar, go to Custom Animation.
- Set Booting Animation and Shutdown Animation to Allow.
- Upload your custom animation file.
- Click Save & Assign.
- Assign the profile to a group or organization, then click Save.
- To purchase additional licenses, see the Knox Manage solutions page.
- To convert an existing license to a Knox Manage license, see Convert a license.
- For steps on how to create a custom animation, see the Knox SDK developer guide.
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!