How to apply DeX customization controls using Knox Manage
Last updated July 26th, 2023
- Knox Manage (KM)
- Knox Service Plugin (KSP)
- Fully managed devices with or without a work profile
- Knox Suite license key or Knox Platform for Enterprise Premium license key
This article guides you through the steps on how to set DeX customization controls on your fleet of devices managed in Knox Manage (KM).
How do I set DeX customization controls using Knox Manage?
First, you need to have either a Knox Suite license key or a Knox Platform for Enterprise Premium license key. You also need to have devices enrolled in Android Enterprise device owner mode.
- In your KM console, under Profile, create or edit a profile that enables Android Enterprise and Samsung Knox policies.
- In your profile, go to Samsung Knox (Android Enterprise).
- In the sidebar, go to DeX.
- Set Allow DeX mode to Allow.
- In the sidebar, go to Knox Service Plugin.
- Under Device-wide policies, set Enable device policy controls to True.
- Under DeX, set Enable DeX policy controls and Customize DeX Experience (Premium) to True.
- Under DeX customization profile (Premium), set policies as required.
- Click Save & Assign.
- Assign the profile to a group or organization, then click Save.
To get a Knox Suite license, see the Knox Suite solution page.Back to KBAs
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!