How to set the MAC address as Phone MAC in Knox Configure
Last updated July 26th, 2023
- Knox Configure (KC) with either:
- Setup Edition
- Dynamic Edition
- Samsung devices running Knox 3.4 and higher
- Android 10 and higher
On Android 10 devices and higher, Wi-Fi settings can be configured to have the MAC address as Randomized MAC or Phone MAC. The default value is Randomized MAC. This article guides you on how to use KC to configure devices on the allowlist using a phone MAC address.
Before you configure the MAC address, select Knox version 3.4 or above in your KC profile. For more details, refer to Provide profile information.
How do I set the MAC address as a phone MAC?
To set the MAC address type:
- On the KC console, go to Profiles and select the profile to update.
- Click Device connectivity > Edit.
- Enter the SSID Name and select the SSID security type from the Security drop-down.
- For MAC address type, select Phone MAC.
- Click Save.
You must repeat the steps for every Wi-Fi network that restricts access based on MAC addresses.
To learn how to create a Knox Configure profile, refer to Create a profile.Back to KBAs
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!