View device details and logs
Last updated September 27th, 2023
Each Knox Configure managed device has its own unique device details screen and device log that can be periodically reviewed to assess a selected device’s current configuration and event history.
To review a particular device’s details and log:
Select Devices from the left-hand navigation menu and select the DEVICES tab.
From the DEVICE ID column, click the ID of the device you want to view the details of.
On the device details screen, you can view the following information about the selected device:
- Profile — Lists the name of the selected device’s assigned profile. EDIT allows you to switch profiles and licenses, but will require action on the end users device. For details on Knox Configure profiles, see Create a profile.
- License — Displays the license this particular device is utilizing. You can click the license name to open the license page and review license details. For details on Knox Configure licenses, see License management.
- Service end date — Lists the Knox Configure service end date under the terms of the listed license and its activation date.
- Service start date — Lists the date the device was added as a Knox Configure managed device.
- Tags — Lists any existing tags applied to the selected device. Tags allow you to categorize and organize devices. If a device is an Enterprise Edition (EE) device, then an Enterprise Edition tag will display here. If required, select Add a tag to apply a new tag to this device. Admins can specify up to 5 separate tags for each device uploaded in a CSV file.
- Modified — Lists the time and date of when the selected device last had a configuration or profile update.
- Custom ID — ID mapped to IMEI or SN that apps deployed through Knox Configure can use to verify the device. For more information, see Map devices to Custom IDs in bulk.
- Device SN — Lists the serial number for the selected device.
- Model — Lists the model designation applied to the device upon assignment of the device’s profile.
- Knox version — Collected during enrollment for new devices or updated during agent update for existing devices.
- OS version — Collected during enrollment for new devices or updated during agent update for existing devices.
- Type — Lists the type of the selected device.
- Upload ID — Lists the ID for this device’s upload.
- Order number — Lists the selected device’s system assign order number and the date the order occurred.
- Uploaded — Lists the date of when the device was added as a Knox Configure managed device and who added it.
Click VIEW DEVICE LOG to view the configuration and profile assignment event history for the selected device.
In the Device log window, you can view the following information for the selected Knox Configure managed device:
- STATUS — Lists the configuration or profile assignment activity logged on behalf of the selected device.
- EVENT — Lists the specific device configuration or profile assignment event logged on behalf of the selected device. Errors and warnings can display selectable links to review the error or warning event in greater detail. If necessary, select the VIEW APPLIED PROFILE button to auto-navigate to Profile information screen where details of the selected device’s applied profile can be reviewed.
- TIME — Lists the time and date of when the event occurred.
Click EXPORT TO CSV to export the device log as a CSV file.
Click OK to return to the selected device’s device details screen.
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!