About ProKiosk mode
Last updated July 26th, 2023
For specialized use cases that require limited device functionality, you can use Knox Configure to turn supported Samsung devices into kiosks to prevent device users from accessing any features beyond what you’ve specified in the device profile. Assigning a ProKiosk mode profile to a device allows you to restrict device operations to a specific application or group of applications as well as limit unwanted device activity in uniquely targeted deployments. This helps businesses such as hotels, retail stores, and airports replace traditional bulky kiosk machines with sleek, affordable, mobile devices specifically designed for public deployments.
Knox Configure ProKiosk mode provides a variety of extended options to lock down or configure devices according to your business needs. For example, a ProKiosk device could be deployed in a hotel as an in-room concierge tablet to customize the guest experience with the following features:
- Preload specific guest service apps and arrange them as the kiosk’s unique home screen menu flow
- Require a passcode to ensure only qualified hotel staff change kiosk screens or exit ProKiosk mode
- Hide standard device status updates and notification messages
- Disable power off and volume controls
- Set branded lock screen wallpaper
- Set a screen timeout for kiosk inactivity
- Disable screen rotation for fixed position kiosks
- Preconfigure and protect deployment area Wi-Fi network credentials
There are no unique Knox Configure license requirements specific to ProKiosk mode deployments. For information on Knox Configure licensing, see Knox Configure license management.
For details on how to configure a ProKiosk mode profile, see the Dynamic edition: ProKiosk mode section of Configure profile settings.
Is this page helpful?