How to collect dumpstate logs on wearable devices
Last updated July 26th, 2023
- Samsung wearable devices
You might need to help troubleshoot a wearable device issue by getting a log of the device’s activities. This knowledge base article guides you through the steps on how to collect these logs.
How do I collect dumpstate logs on a wearable device?
The easiest way to get these logs from a Samsung wearable device is to use the SysDump tool:
- Ensure the wearable device is connected to a mobile device via the Galaxy wearable app.
- On the wearable device, open the device settings.
- Tap About watch.
- Scroll down to Serial Number and tap on it five times.
- On the number pad that appears, enter *#9900#.
- Tap Run LOG_DUMP.
- Once log collection is complete, tap Extract LOG_DUMP.
Connect the mobile device to on a Windows PC via USB cable. On the PC:
- Navigate to the device’s internal storage > Pictures > Watch folder.
- Copy the ZIP file named “log_dump_
You can then send the ZIP file containing the dumpstate logs to Samsung Support.
For steps on how to collect logs on Samsung mobile devices, see How do I capture logs to troubleshoot my mobile device?Back to KBAs
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!