Update Lock screen Message without changing Device Status
Last updated July 26th, 2023
This knowledge base article provides a method to edit or send an updated message to a locked device without unlocking the phone.
Customers can use KG portal or Locking APIs to change/update the payment amount, due date, and provide additional information to a user with a KG locked device. This feature is useful to communicate with long term defaulters to update payment amount due and due date.
Updating Lock Screen Message through KG portal
This feature can be implemented through the KG portal or using KG APIs
- Under Devices tab, select device whose Lock screen message has to be updated. The status of the device should be Locked.
- Under Actions, select Update Lock Message, enter updated message text to be displayed on User device and click Update
- The new message is reflected on user device immediately.
- This can also be implemented using Knox Guard API, through the updateLockMessageUsingPOST operation.
- The device identifier (IMEI/SN/approval ID) and lock screen message need to be provided in the request body of the API
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!