As of Knox 3.0, the preferred way to call Knox APIs is to upgrade an Android Work Profile to a Knox Workspace. This tutorial uses Android’s Device Manager to call Knox APIs. See Upgrade Android Work Profile to Knox Workspace for more information.
This tutorial teaches you how to use the Knox SDK to create an app that manages other device applications. The app’s features include disabling certain apps from being used, re-enabling them, retrieving a list of enabled and disabled apps, adding apps to the battery optimization whitelist, and adding apps to the force stop blacklist. Note that the
KNOX_APP_MGMT permissions are required in the Android Manifest file.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
- Download and install the Knox SDK.
- Implement a Device Admin Receiver for Android.
- Activate your Knox license key.
- Manage device applications.
If you aren’t already enrolled, sign up for the Knox Partner Program.REGISTER TO BECOME A PARTNER
Once you are a partner, you will need to:
- Install Android Studio (or another IDE)
- Set up your Android Environment
- The Knox SDK
- The complete source code for this tutorial - “Application Management”
- A Samsung Knox device to test with
The sample app
This is what the final app will look like:
The ACTIVATE BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE KEY button only appears on devices running Knox 2.5 to 2.7.1.
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!