As of Knox 3.0, the preferred way to call Knox APIs is to upgrade an Android Work Profile to a Knox Workspace. This tutorial uses Android’s Device Manager to call Knox APIs. See Upgrade Android Work Profile to Knox Workspace for more information.
The Samsung Knox SDK combines existing enterprise and security SDKs into one SDK. This application demonstrates how to use a KPE standard or Premium license key to access Standard and Premium permission APIs of the Knox SDK. It also provides you with a backwards compatibile key to run applications built with the Knox SDK on older Pre-Knox SDK capable devices.
The standard API we are using either enables or disables the use of the camera on a Samsung device.
The premium API we are using either enables or disables the TIMA keystore state of the device.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
- Download and install the Knox SDK.
- Implement a Device Admin Receiver for Android.
- Activate your license key.
- Invoke a standard API security policy to toggle the camera access on/off.
- Invoke a premium API security policy to toggle the TIMA keystore state on/off.
If you aren’t already enrolled, you will first need to sign up for the Knox Partner Program.REGISTER TO BECOME A PARTNER
Once you are a partner, you will need:
- Android Studio (or another IDE)
- Set up your Android Environment
- The Knox SDK
- The complete source code for this tutorial- “Get started with the Knox SDK”
- A Samsung Knox device to test with
The sample app
This is what the final app will look like:
In the second image, the ACTIVATE BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE KEY button only appears on devices running Knox 2.5 to 2.7.1.
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!