Hardware key mapping
The Samsung Galaxy XCover device has two configurable hardware keys:
- XCover/Active key — Also called the Push-to-talk or PTT key, this key is located on the left side of the device.
- Top key — Sometimes referred to as the Emergency key, located on the top-right of the device.
Supported on Galaxy XCover & Tab Active series only (may not be available on certain device models).
There are two ways to map the function of these keys:
- A device user configures how the keys are used, through the device Settings.
- An ISV vendor adapts an app so that it or its specific function can be mapped to and launched by a key, by handling the Samsung standard intent.
- An IT admin configures how the keys are used on all enterprise devices, through an EMM web console or Knox Service Plugin.
- An ISV vendor adapts an app so that it can or its specific function can be mapped to and launched by a key, by handling any custom (vendor-defined) intent. The Samsung standard intent will be supported with Android 11 in the future.
Enterprises can support both unmanaged and managed key mappings.
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!