Tutorial - Upgrade Android Work Profile to Knox Workspace
This tutorial teaches you how to set up an Android Work Profile and activate a Knox license to use premium Knox features with the Work Profile.
You will learn how to
- Create a Android Work Profile on a Samsung Knox Device
- Get a Knox License Key
- Upgrade the Android Work Profile to a the Knox Workspace container
- Call a Knox Workspace API
What you will need
- The Knox 3.x SDK
- Android Studio (or another IDE)
- The complete source code for this tutorial
- A Samsung Knox device running Android O to test with
- You have set up your Android Environment
- You have set up the Knox SDK
- You have generated a Knox 3.0 License key
Creates a managed Android Profile on your device through the CREATE MANAGED PROFILE button.
Activates a Knox License through the ACTIVATE LICENSE button.
After the Android profile is created, you use a Knox license key (KLM) to upgrade the container to a Knox Workspace. You know you are using a Knox Workspace container if the icon badge is a shield instead of a briefcase.
Toggles a policy to enable / disable the camera thorough the TOGGLE CONTAINER CAMERA policy. We will use the following permissions:
You’ve completed 1/7 steps!Next
Is this page helpful?