Get started with the app
As of Knox 3.0, the preferred way to call Knox APIs is to upgrade an Android Work Profile to a Knox Workspace. This tutorial uses Android’s Device Manager to call Knox APIs. See Upgrade Android Work Profile to Knox Workspace for more information.
This tutorial teaches you how to use the Knox SDK to create an app that implements a security policy to enable or disable the use of the camera on a Samsung device. This app requires the
KNOX_HW_CONTROL permission in the Android Manifest file
You will learn how to
- Download and install the Knox SDK.
- Implement a Device Admin Receiver for Android.
- Activate your license key.
- Invoke a Knox SDK security policy to enable or disable the camera.
What you will need
- The Knox SDK
- Android Studio (or another IDE)
- The complete source code for this tutorial
- A Samsung Knox device to test with
The sample app
By the end of the tutorial, you will have created 4 files.
You are 1/10 done!Next
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!