Lock and unlock devices
Last updated December 4th, 2023
Knox Mobile Enrollment advanced profiles let you lock and unlock one or more devices. With the ability to lock lost or stolen devices and unlock devices in offline environments, advanced profiles help you protect your data in such adverse scenarios.
On the Advanced profile assigned tab, you can simultaneously lock or unlock one or more devices:
- Select the devices you want to lock or unlock.
- Click Actions.
- Toggle Lock if you want to lock devices, or Unlock if you want to unlock them. The device status updates immediately.
Check the device lock status
On the Advanced profile assigned tab, there are four possible device lock statuses:
- Locked — The device is locked.
- Unlocked — The device is unlocked.
- Locking — The device is in the process of locking.
- Unlocking — The device is in the process of unlocking.
Toggle the Lock or unlock switch
The device lock controls are color-coded to relay status information to you at a glance:
|Unlocked label is bold
|Locking (or Unlocking)
|No label is bold
|Locked label is bold
Unlock devices using a PIN
Devices that are assigned advanced profiles can be unlocked in highly secure offline environments using a one-time PIN generated by Knox Mobile Enrollment. On the Devices page, if the device profile status is Unenrolled and the device lock status is Locked:
Select a device IMEI and click PIN.
In the Unlock device dialog, enter the 8-digit code that is displayed on the device user’s lock screen.
Click Continue to generate a one-time 8-digit PIN.
Share the generated PIN with the device user. The device user enters this PIN to unlock their device.
Is this page helpful?