Samsung devices reboot after Android System WebView update
Last updated July 21st, 2023
- Samsung devices
- Managed devices
- Knox Platform for Enterprise
- Knox Proxy Auto Config
- Android System WebView 114.0.5735.60
After updating the Android System WebView app to version 114.0.5735.60 on a managed device, you may encounter an issue where the device reboots without user input at unpredictable intervals.
This issue is caused by the latest version of the Android System WebView app. This issue has been reported to Google.
As a first resolution, try disabling app updates through the EMM profile, then restore the device through the Settings app.
First, disable any auto update configurations for apps on your EMM console. The precise procedure is specific to your EMM.
Then, restore any affected devices by reverting to a previous version of the Android System WebView app:
- On the device, after it reboots, turn off mobile data and Wi-Fi.
- In the Settings app, tap Apps.
- Tap Android System WebView.
- Tap the three dots at the top-right, then tap Uninstall updates.
As a back-up resolution, you can ensure that Auto-update apps is set to Don’t auto-update apps on the Google Play Store app:
- On the device, open Google Play Store, then tap the account icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Under Network preferences, tap Auto-update apps.
- Select Don’t auto-update apps.
- Tap OK.
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!