Cannot output scanned barcode data to HTML fields in Chromium-based web browsers
Last updated July 26th, 2023
In Knox Capture, you may experience issues outputting scanned barcode data to HTML fields in Chromium-based web browsers. This issue affects Android 11 devices and is resolved on Android 12 and higher devices.
Chromium-based browsers, including:
- Samsung Internet
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
If you are experiencing this issue, there are two resolutions and one workaround for scanning barcode data into HTML fields:
- Using the Advanced data formatting method
- Using the Floating Action Button (FAB) method
- Using another web browser as a workaround
Advanced data formatting method
This method has been tested and confirmed working on the following device models running Android 11 with Knox Capture 1.3.00.7:
- Samsung Galaxy S21
- Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro
- Galaxy Tab Active3
You can resolve this issue by sending a Pause command before you send the barcode data. To do this:
- Refer to the procedure for Advanced data formatting and follow steps 1–6. After you tap Add Actions, a list of options opens.
- Select Send Pause and tap Add.
- Tap Add Actions again, then select Send remaining characters and tap Add.
- Verify that the two actions, Send Pause and Send remaining characters, are on the rule screen.
- Close the Knox Capture app and perform a test scan in Chrome or Samsung Internet.
Enable the Floating Action Button (FAB)
You can also resolve this issue by using a Floating Action Button (FAB) instead of the hardware key to perform a scan. To enable the FAB in Knox Capture, refer to step 6 in Set camera scan trigger.
Workaround using another web browser
To avoid this issue altogether, you can output your scanned data to a web browser built with a different browser engine, such as Mozilla Firefox.Back to KBAs
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!