About the Knox POS SDK
The Samsung Knox Platform for POS provides specialized APIs to POS partners to assist with the development of secure, customizable, and easy-to-use payment apps. To provide security, the mPOS platform supports:
- Key attestation for devices and mobile apps.
- App security through Samsung Knox.
- An additional layer of security during PIN entry through TUI (Trusted UI) control.
- TEE (Trusted Execution Environment)-based cryptography for authentication.
For a comprehensive overview of the SDK’s functions, see Features.
The Knox POS SDK can be used by a wide array of developers:
- Payment Service Providers (PSPs) — These developers provide a secure payment service to device users as solution vendors or acquirers.
- Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) — These developers create the payment solution for device users.
Knox POS SDK is supported on the following Samsung devices:
- Smartphones: S22, S21, XCover6 Pro.
- Tablets: TabActive4 Pro.
Currently, the Samsung Knox Platform for POS supports Android OS 13 and higher. Devices must run Knox version 3.9 and higher. In the future, the scope of eligible devices will expand to cover select devices with Android OS 13 and higher and Knox version 3.9 and higher.
The availability of Knox POS SDK may vary by country or region.
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!