Samsung Care+ for Business 21.11 release notes
Last updated July 26th, 2023
Knox cloud service versioning notice
Starting with this release, Knox product versioning will be named based on dates, specifically the year followed by the month. For example, this November 17, 2021 release — what would have been Knox cloud service 1.41 — uses 21.11 as the version name.
End of support for Internet Explorer 11
Microsoft announced that they will end support for Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) on June 15, 2022. In preparation for this, as of 21.11 (November 18, 2021), solutions on the Knox cloud service are no longer supported on Internet Explorer. The Knox cloud service is best accessed on Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox.
SCB support extended to Australia
With this release, Samsung Care+ for Business is now available to enterprises in Australia.
MSP management of SCB accounts
Managed Service Providers (MSPs) can now manage Samsung Care+ for Business (SCB) on behalf of SCB customers. This management can be set to No access, which means only the MSP has full access to the SCB account, or Full access, which means the SCB account is managed jointly by the MSP and the SCB customer. For more information on the different access types, and how to delink the account from the MSP, see Manage customers.
Email notifications for an MSP managed account
With 21.11 (2021 November) release, emails sync from SCB accounts to linked MSP accounts:
- Full access customers — All emails that are delivered to MSP admins are also delivered to SCB admins.
- No access customers — No emails are sent to the SCB admins. The MSP Super Admin and the admin that initiated the action receive the email.
For detailed information on email communication recipients, see Email notifications.
Activity log for an MSP managed account
- When viewed by an SCB admin in the SCB account — Activities initiated by the SCB admin show the email address of that admin. Activities initiated by the MSP admin show the company name of that admin.
- When viewed by an MSP admin in the SCB account — Activities initiated by an MSP admin show the email of that admin. Activities initiated by an SCB admin show the company name of that admin.
- When viewed by an MSP admin in the SCB account of a customer previously managed by another MSP — Activities initiated by an MSP admin show the email of the respective admin. Activities initiated by an SCB admin or the previous MSP admin show the company name of that admin.
Terms and conditions access
A link to the terms and conditions of SCB is now available in the footer of the SCB console, next to the Samsung Knox terms and conditions.Back to release notes
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!