On this page
This section covers some of the common troubleshooting questions you might have when using Secure Folder.
How do I reset password my password?
If you have forgotten your Secure Folder password, you can reset it by confirming the Samsung Account you used to set it up.
1. Open Secure Folder on your device.
2. Tap FORGOT PASSWORD.
3. On the next screen, login with your Samsung Account. If you forgot your Samsung Account password, reset it here.
4. In the pop up box, tap RESET.
6. Enter your new password.
What are some of the limitations when using Secure Folder?
Due to the security issues, some features are restricted inside Secure Folder.
- USB / Wi-Fi direct: Secure Folder is a secured space that separates and encrypt data inside Secure Folder. Apps and data inside Secure Folder are not accessible from outside Secure Folder whether by USB or Wi-Fi direct.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth connections are not supported inside Secure Folder (such as making/receiving phone calls via BT or connecting BT devices to apps inside Secure Folder).
- SD card: Secure Folder cannot access your SD card storage. This is intentional behavior to reduce potential security issues (e.g. data leak or data access from malicious apps),
What is a compromised device and how does it affect Secure Folder?
If your mobile device is rooted or is running a custom ROM, then Secure Folder automatically locks to prevent unauthorized access. If this occurs, you can no longer access data inside Secure Folder.
How do I update Secure Folder to the latest version?
You can update Secure Folder by going to Secure Folder > Settings > About Secure Folder.