These instructions provide an overview of how to install KSP with the following UEM. Always check your UEM's specific documentation for the most up to date instructions.
Step 1: VMware Workspace ONE UEM - Add to UEM
VMware Workspace ONE UEM is a Unified Enterprise Management (UEM) solution that works with KSP. This section provides instructions on how to set up KSP in VMware Workspace ONE UEM.
Before you begin
Before you begin, however, ensure that you have:
- Access to the VMware Workspace ONE UEM Admin console.
- Linked your VMware Workspace ONE UEM console with a Managed Google Account. This allows you to deploy Android Enterprise devices.
- Enrolled eligible devices and applied any necessary enterprise policies.
For more information on logging in to and setting up VMware Workspace ONE UEM, see their documentation.
Set up KSP
To use KSP with VMware Workspace ONE UEM, you need to first add it as an external app.
- Log in to the VMware Workspace ONE UEM Admin console.
- Click Apps & Books.
- In the left hand navigation that opens, click Native.
- On the top navigation menu, click Public.
- Click ADD APPLICATION.
- In the pop up, fill out the following fields with the supplied information below.
- Managed by: select the Organization Group that you set up to manage apps. Only IT Admins that belong to that Group can edit the KSP configurations.
- Platform: Android.
- Source: SEARCH APP STORE.
- Name: Knox Service Plugin.
- Click APPROVE. You have now added KSP as an approved app.
Next steps - Configure KSP
Now that you've set up KSP in VMware Workspace ONE UEM, you need to configure the policies you want to use.