These instructions provide an overview of how to install KSP with the following UEM. Always check your UEM's specific documentation for the most up to date instructions.
Step 1: MobileIron Cloud - Add to UEM console
On this page
MobileIron Cloud is a cloud-based service UEM that works with KSP. This section provides instructions on how to set up KSP with in MobileIron Cloud.
Before you begin
Before you begin, however, ensure that you have:
- Access to the MobileIron Cloud console.
- Linked your MobileIron console with a Managed Google Account. This allows you to deploy Android Enterprise devices.
- Enrolled eligible devices and applied any necessary enterprise policies.
Set up KSP in the App Catalog
To use KSP with MobileIron Cloud, you first need to add the KSP plugin into the App Catalog. To do this, complete the following 2 steps.
To add KSP to the list of approved packages, do as follows:
- On the MobileIron Cloud's top navigation menu, click Apps. The App Catalog page opens.
- On this page, click +Add. The Add App - Choose page opens.
- In the App type list in the right pane, select Google Play. The Google Play apps page opens.
- In the Find apps field, enter
Knox Service Plugin.
- In the list of apps, click Knox Service Plugin. The Knox Service Plugin app page opens.
- Click Approve. The App access settings page opens.
- Click Approve. The Approval Settings dialog opens.
- Select one of the following options and then click Save. We recommended you select the first option, so you do not run into any issues when the is updated.
- Keep approved when app requests new permissions
- Revoke app approval when this app requests new permissions
Click Save. The Choose App page opens to show KSP.
Click Next. The Describe App page opens. Read more about the Describe App page.
For more information on adding apps to the App Catalog, see MobileIron Cloud App Configuration.
The Describe app page lets you specify:
- KSP app category
- Brief description of the app
To describe KSP and add other information to the App Catalog, do as follows:
- On the Choose app page, click Next.
- In the Category field, enter the category to which you want to assign KSP, and then press ENTER on your keyboard.
- In the Description field, enter concise and clear information about KSP, including information about when to install KSP on your device and appropriate access details.
- Click Next. The Delegate App page opens.
Next steps - Configure KSP
Now that you've set up added KSP in MobileIron, you need to configure some settings you want to use.