These instructions provide an overview of how to install KSP with the following UEM. Always check your UEM's specific documentation for the most up to date instructions.
Step 2: Microsoft Intune - Configure
On this page
This section provides instructions on how to configure KSP policies in Intune.
This is step 2/3. For step 1: See Microsoft Intune: Add to UEM console.
Edit KSP policies
Now that you have added KSP as an approved app you can edit the App Configurations to enable or disable policies.
- On the Intune homepage > middle navigation menu, click Device configuration. The Device configuration page opens and refreshes the middle navigation menu to show different list items.
- In the middle navigation menu that opens, click Profiles. The Device configuration - Profiles page opens to show a list of profiles currently available to deploy to your managed devices.
- At this stage, there are two possible options:
Create a new device configuration profile
- On the top navigation menu, click Create profile. The Create profile page opens.
- Enter the appropriate information. Depending upon the KPE features you want to deploy to your devices, you must enter the appropriate values for all necessary controls and fields so that all relevant KPE features are enabled with the correct settings. For more information about the various settings available to you, refer to Basic examples and Advanced examples.
For the Profile type list, we recommend selecting OEMConfig. This profile type gives you better control over the different policies you want to deploy to your devices.
- Click Associated app. The page refreshes to show a list of all apps currently available to you.
- In the list of apps, select Knox Service Plugin, and then at the bottom of the screen, click OK. Depending upon the Profile type you selected earlier, the Profile Settings page opens to show a list of polices you can edit.
- On this page, you can modify the policies for your deployment.
If you selected the OEMConfig profile type, the OEMConfig page opens to show a list of all the policies you can modify.
- Make the appropriate changes, and then click OK. The page refreshes to show a Create button in the middle pane. Click Create to create a new device configuration profile with your desired settings.
After you've successfully created a new device configuration profile, use the KSP debug mode to test your KSP settings and configuration. For information on testing your KSP settings and configuration, see Debug mode.
Microsoft Intune does not prepopulate fields with the default values set out in KSP. To ensure that your KSP deployment is successful, always enter the appropriate values for the fields and controls that are applicable to the KPE features you need.
Edit an existing device configuration profile
- In the list of profiles, click the entry for the profile you want to edit. The Edit profile page opens.
- On the middle navigation menu, click Properties.
- On the profile properties page that opens, click Settings. Depending upon the Profile type you selected when creating the profile, the Profile Settings page opens to show a list of polices you can edit.
- On this page, you can modify any of the KSP policies for your deployment.
Next steps - deploy KSP to devices
Now that you've set up and configured KSP in your Intune console, you need to deploy the app to your managed devices.