These instructions provide an overview of how to install KSP with the following UEM. Always check your UEM's specific documentation for the most up to date instructions.
Step 1: Microsoft Intune - Add to UEM
Microsoft Intune (Intune) is a cloud-based enterprise mobility management (EMM) service that helps you manage and secure your mobile devices, apps, and the information available to users in your network. You can access Intune in the Microsoft Azure portal. Intune supports KSP. This section provides instructions on how to set up KSP in Intune.
Before you begin
Before you begin, however, ensure that you have:
- Access to the Microsoft Intune console in the Microsoft Azure portal.
- Linked your Microsoft Intune console with a Managed Google Account. Linking to a Managed Google Account lets you deploy apps and policy changes to Android Enterprise devices.
- Enrolled eligible devices and applied any necessary enterprise policies.
For more information on logging in to and setting up Intune, see Microsoft Intune documentation.
Set up KSP
To use KSP with Intune, you need to first add it as a client app.
- Log in to the Microsoft Azure portal.
- On the left hand navigation menu, click Intune. The Microsoft Intune Overview page opens to show a second navigation menu next to the left hand navigation menu.
- In the middle navigation menu that opens, click Client apps > Managed Google Play. The Client apps - Managed Google Play page opens.
- Click Open the managed Google Play Store. The Managed Google Play Store you linked to Intune opens in a new browser tab.
- In the Search bar at the top of the page, search for Knox Service Plugin. The Managed Google Play Store page refreshes to show Knox Service Plugin as the first result.
- Click Knox Service Plugin. The KSP app page opens.
- Click APPROVE. The Approval Preferences - Approval Settings dialog opens.
- Follow on-screen instructions to add KSP as an approved app. You have now added KSP as an approved app.
After you've added KSP as an approved app, return to the Intune console and sync the new app to your devices. Apps using the Managed Google Play Store are automatically synced with your devices based on your device groups and other settings. For more information on leveraging the features of Managed Google Play Store, see Add Managed Google Play apps to Android Enterprise devices with Intune
Next steps - Configure KSP
Now that you've set up KSP in Intune, you need to configure the policies you want to use.