These instructions provide an overview of how to install KSP with the following UEM. Always check your UEM's specific documentation for the most up to date instructions.
Step 1: IBM Maas360 - Add to UEM console
On this page
IBM MaaS360 with Watson (MaaS360) is a secure, unified device management portal that works with KSP.
This section provides instructions on how to set up the KSP plugin in MaaS360.
Before you begin
Before you begin, however, ensure that you have:
- Access to the IBM MaaS360's UEM console.
- Linked your IBM MaaS360 console with a Managed Google Account. This allows you to deploy Android Enterprise devices.
- Enrolled eligible devices and applied any necessary enterprise policies.
For more information on logging in to and setting up your IBM MaaS360 console, see IBM MaaS360 Portal Admin Guide.
Set up KSP in the App Catalog
To use KSP with IBM Maas360, you first need to add the KSP plugin into the Maas360 App Catalog. This is done in 2 steps.
- Add KSP as an approved package.
- Set up Policies and Distribution options
Add KSP as an approved package
- On the MaaS360 portal's top navigation menu, click Apps. The App Catalog opens.
- In the App Catalog frame, click Add > Google Play App. The Google Play App - Add App dialog opens.
- Select the Add via Managed Google Play Store button.
- In the App Name field on this tab, enter
Knox Service Plugin. The field refreshes to show a list of apps.
- In the list of apps, click Knox Service Plugin. Click Approve. If you are prompted with option
“How would you like to handle new app permission requests?”, select Keep approved when app requests new permissions
- Click the Policies and Distribution tab to continue. Select an appropriate option for your deployment.
For more information on adding apps to the App Catalog, see MaaS360 Portal Admin Guide - Adding apps to the App Catalog.
Next steps - Configure KSP
Now that you've set up KSP in Maas360, you need to configure the policies you want to use.