Knox Guard dashboard
Once logged in to the Knox Guard console, the Dashboard provides an initial view of Knox Guard managed devices in various subscription payment and license compliance states. Refer to the dashboard periodically to assess the payment history and license utilization of Knox Guard managed devices, as well as the number of devices whose payment delinquency resulted subscription payment reminders and device locks.
Refer to the following Knox Guard dashboard components to review payment, license compliance and device lock states:
- The Knox Guard dashboard displays the following DEVICE STATUS for administrative review:
- Attention- Displays, in red, devices warranting Knox Guard administration to regain subscription compliance. Device states warranting attention include:
- Pending - Lists the total number of devices requiring acceptance into the Knox Guard console for tracking. Devices can be selected and accepted from the Devices screen.
- Locked - Lists the number of users whose payment delinquency has resulted in their devices being locked until payment can be made and their device operation restored.
- Reminder On - Lists the number of devices currently receiving a payment reminder message as a result of their overdue payment status.
- In progress - Lists the number of devices in an activation transitional state.
- Payment Complete - Lists the number of devices whose overdue payment status was updated to complete, deactivating the Knox Guard client on the device.
- Active - Lists the number of devices actively using Knox Guard for subscription payment tracking.
- Refer to the LICENSE STATUS portion of the dashboard to assess license activation, remaining seats, and remaining license period. For more information on Knox Guard licenses, go to: License management. The LICENSE portion of the Dashboard includes:
- LICENSE NAME - Lists the name of the Trail or Commercial license created upon license generation. Trial licenses are temporary and subject to expiration. Commercial licenses are not subject to the quick expiration of a trial license, and are for actual deployments. However, they do still have their own expiration date. Trial licenses can also be deleted from the Knox Guard console when they are no longer required for device testing.
- STATUS - Lists each license as either Expired, Active (successfully enrolled into Knox Guard), or Registered (not yet activated). License activations are reflected within the same month a license is added into Knox Guard.
- REMAINING SEATS - Lists the total number of remaining license seats available out of the total number of license seats purchased.
- ACTIVATION END - Displays the date when remaining temporary license seats must be activated or risk license expiration. Once the end date has passed, this license cannot be used to assign or activate devices. Devices already activated with this license will remain active for the remainder of their 3 year service period.
- Refer to the Device Trends graph to review Knox Guard event status for a selectable trending period. Knox Guard events (Active, Reminder On, Locked, Payment Complete and Pending) are each color coded and can be trended from 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, Year to date (YTD), and Custom.
- Refer to the bottom portion of the Dashboard to graphically review the number of UNLISTED SIM CARD CHANGE ATTEMPTS, LOCKED DEVICE TYPES and LICENSE USAGE. Each graph can be filtered to display trending information for the last 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, year to date (YTD) or Custom (manually defined custom range). Hover over actions are also supported for more granular trending information (see below).
- UNLISTED SIM CARD CHANGE ATTEMPTS - Graphically displays the number of devices with detected SIM card change attempts for the selected trending period. SIM swap events can potentially constitute device rooting attempts and require careful administration. This display item only available when the SIM Control feature is applied. Optionally select VIEW DEVICES WITH ATTEMPTS to automatically move to the devices screen where individual devices can be reviewed by IMEI/SN. Optionally select EXPORT to archive the graph content in a CSV formatted file.
- LOCKED DEVICE TYPES - The Locked Device Types graph provides a breakdown of the various device lock types occurring for currently locked devices during a selected trending period. The various lock types trended include Default locked, Offline locked, and SIM control locked.
- LICENSE USAGE - Graphically displays the number of Knox Guard licenses utilized activated and utilized devices for the selected trending period. Optionally select VIEW LICENSES to automatically move to the licenses screen where individual licenses can be reviewed to determine the number of purchased seats and the number assigned and consumed. Optionally select EXPORT to archive the graph content in a CSV formatted file.
- Optionally, use the account drop-down menu on the top, right-hand side, of the screen to log out of the Knox Guard console. Selecting Customer portal navigates back to SamsungKnox.com dashboard. Selecting the account name initials displays the account's Customer ID, Email preferences and Log out options.
- The Customer ID is the ID of the account provided to an account's customers for registering a reseller in their Knox Solution consoles.
- The Email preferences is used to opt-in and out of Samsung emails for any account activity. This helps manage accounts with a high number of devices, and keep their email well managed.