Get started with the app
As of Knox 3.0, the preferred way to call Knox APIs is to upgrade an Android Work Profile to a Knox Workspace. This tutorial uses Android’s Device Manager to call Knox APIs. See Upgrade Android Work Profile to Knox Workspace for more information.
This tutorial teaches you how to use the Knox SDK to create an app that manages other device applications. This includes disabling certain apps from being used, re-enabling them and retrieving a list of enabled and disabled apps. This app requires the
KNOX_APP_MGMT permission in the Android Manifest file.
You will learn how to
- Download and install the Knox SDK.
- Implement a Device Admin Receiver for Android.
- Activate your license key.
- Manage device applications.
What you will need
- The Knox SDK
- Android Studio (or another IDE)
- The complete source code for this tutorial
- A Samsung Knox device to test with
The sample app
By the end of the tutorial, you will have created 4 files.
You’ve completed 1/9 steps!Next
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!