The Knox Mobile Enrollment console enables you to configure devices either individually or in bulk, and change MDM profile assignments as needed. Devices can also be deleted as they become obsolete and warrant removal from the portal.
To configure approved devices:
- Select Devices from the left-hand navigation menu. Ensure the ALL DEVICES tab is selected.
- IMEI/MEID - Can be searched and displayed within the ALL DEVICES tab if you need to list user IDs with device data.
- SERIAL NUMBER - Can be selected to launch the Device Details screen to review the device's ID, model, status, profile assignment, submission and edit dates and the device's factory encoded MAC address if it should require whitelisting.
- Wi-Fi PHONE MAC ADDRESS - Lists a device's hardware encoded MAC address as an additional resource should an administrator require whitelisting a device.
- MODEL - Filter the models displayed within the screen as needed to assess the support of specific model types.
- USER ID - Review the user IDs currently utilized with each listed device ID to assess device user assignments.
- TAGS - Review the tags assigned to listed devices to organize and search for devices.
- PROFILE - Review the profile assignments of each listed device. If a new profile assignment is warranted, go to: Create profiles.
- STATUS - Refer to the STATUS column on the right-hand side of the ALL DEVICES screen to assess the pending enrollment, profile assignment and enrollment completion status of each listed device.
- If device configuration updates are warranted, select one or more device checkboxes (next to the IMEI / MEID column), then select Configure devices from the ACTIONS drop-down menu.
The Device Details screen displays if configuring a single selected device. The Configure selected devices screen displays if two or more devices are selected for configuration update.
- Set the following device configuration parameters:
- Use the drop-down menu to select MDM profile (single device selected) or Modify the MDM profile of selected devices (two or more devices selected).
- Clear profiles – If a device has already been assigned a profile, selecting this option removes the profile from the device. When deleting a profile, all device assignments must be cleared before the profile can be deleted. For more information on deleting a profile from a device, go to: Profile configuration.
- Tags (single device selected) or Add tags to selected devices (two or more devices selected) — Enter the tags you want to assign to the devices. Tags allow you to organize and search for devices. If two or more devices are selected, optionally select Overwrite existing tags to use the newly entered tag to overwrite existing tags. NOTE - The NFC tag is automatically added when using the Knox Deployment App and cannot be deleted.
- User ID and Password (single device selected) - Enter a new User ID and Password for the selected device. If necessary, the User ID can be searched and displayed within All Devices tab Search field.
- User credentials (two or more devices selected)
- Keep current credentials – Do not change existing user credential information for selected devices
- Clear user credentials – If selected, devices with existing credentials have those credentials removed
- Overwrite user credentials – Enter a new User ID and Password for the selected devices.
- Click SAVE. The device status changes to Profile assigned. Status will not update until you click Refresh.
Bulk device configuration
To bulk configure devices:
- Select the BULK ACTIONS button from the bottom, left-hand, side of the Devices screen. Select BULK CONFIGURE.
- Refer to the Upload device list with user credentials portion of the screen and browse to the location a CSV file containing properly formatted device IDs. If unsure how to format the CSV file, return to the Bulk actions screen and select View instructions under the BULK CONFIGURE option. Select GOT IT when done reviewing the instructions.
- From the Bulk configure screen, optionally Modify the MDM profile of selected devices or the Tags associated with these devices. The Modify the MDM profile of selected devices drop-down menu also contains an option to Clear profiles from the device IDs in the uploaded CSV file. Consider this option when wanting bulk remove profile assignments from multiple devices.
- Select SUBMIT to proceed with the bulk configure operation using the CSV file.
Device uploads can be individually reviewed before they are approved. The device Uploads screen displays devices uploaded into Knox Mobile Enrollment and pending approval. No NFC or approved devices display within the Uploads tab.
If necessary, uploaded devices can be deleted and re-submitted back into KME. For more information, go to: Deleting devices.
An IT admin may wish to periodically download all their uploaded devices for archive. This can be done as a single action, and include devices from various resellers. The CSV file download contains device uploads in various pre-approved states, but no NFC devices.
- Select the UPLOADS tab within the DEVICES screen.
The UPLOADS screen displays each listed device's reseller, upload date, number of devices uploaded, upload approval status and details. Optionally select the View link under the DETAILS column to list the individual devices uploaded by listed the selected reseller. These listed devices can be configured as required for approval. For more information, go to: Device configuration.
- Optionally select the DOWNLOAD DEVICES AS CSV button to save the listed devices and their supporting data as a CSV file. If the selection is greater then the 10,000 device limit, the file will be emailed to address stored for the selected count. The downloaded CSV contains important data that can be re-used if a device requires re-enrollment, including a device's IMEI (numeric device identifier), serial number, order number, order date, model, user ID, tags, submitted date, profile, status, reseller ID, reseller name, last modified admin, and last modified time.
Delete a single device
Devices can be deleted from KME by either selecting them from the Knox Mobile Enrollment portal or by uploading a list of device IMEI/MEIDs. Once you have removed a device, it is permanently removed from the system. To put the device back in Knox Mobile Enrollment, your reseller must upload the device again, or you can use the Knox Deployment app (available from the Google Play Store). Any device removed from the Knox Mobile Enrollment portal is also removed from Knox Resellers Portal and Knox Configure (if applicable), so take care to only delete devices when you must.
- Select the ALL DEVICES tab within the Devices screen. A device can also be selected from the UPLOADS tab, but the View link must be selected from under the DETAILS column.
- Select one or more listed devices to permanently remove.
- Select the ellipses (...) to the right of the STATUS column.
- Select Delete Devices.
- A Delete Devices screen displays reminding the user that once a device is deleted, it is permanently removed from the system. Select the DELETE button to proceed with the device removal.
Clear devices in bulk
Optionally upload a CSV file, populated with Knox Mobile Enrollment device IDs as an alternative means of removing devices. Devices can be individually deleted or deleted in bulk using a CSV file.
- Select the BULK ACTIONS button on the lower, left-hand, side of the screen.
- If unsure how to format the CSV file, return to the Bulk actions screen and select View instructions under the BULK DELETE option. Select GOT IT when done reviewing the instructions.
- Select the BULK DELETE option from within the Bulk actions screen.
- Browse to the location of the CSV file and select SUBMIT.
- A Delete devices screen displays reminding the user that once the devices in the CSV file are deleted they are permanently removed from the system. Select DELETE to proceed with the device removal.