Configure ADCS and AD for Microsoft Exchange
To configure ADCS and AD for Exchange, some specific settings for the use of Exchange are required when creating a directory server, directory connector, Certificate Authentication (CA), and certificate template.
To configure ADCS and AD for Exchange, complete the following steps:
To provide a secure channel among directory servers, directory connectors, and CA servers, you should install Cloud Connector in advance before configuring a profile with ADCS and AD for Exchange. For more information about Cloud Connector, see Using Cloud Connector
- Add a directory server for accessing intra-enterprise data on the AD server. For more information about entering information in detail, see Adding a directory server.
NOTE: To use Cloud Connector, select TRUE from the Cloud Connector drop-down menu.
- Add a directory connector for specific filtered searches. For more information about entering detailed information, see Adding a directory connector.
- NOTE: If the service type is selected as Profile Configuration, the policy of the user information input method must be selected as Connector interworking. For more information on configuring policies, see Configuring policies by device platform.
- Add a certificate authority (CA) for authenticating the users. For more information about entering information in detail, see Adding a certificate authority (CA).
Once a connection test is completed, the target CA that issues and manages the relevant certificates is displayed.
- Add a certificate template. For more information about entering information in detail, see Adding certificate templates. Also, for Exchange settings, the following must be done.
- The subject name must be selected as CN=(Email).
- The certificate usage must be selected as Exchange.
- The San type must be selected as Email Address and click to select Email from the SAN reference item list.