DeX profile support
DeX mode is now supported with Knox Configure profiles on devices running Knox version 3.2 or higher. Samsung DeX is a unique product that lets you use your phone as if it were a desktop computer. Both Setup and Dynamic edition profiles are supported, but not ProKiosk mode profiles.
The following device platforms support DeX mode with Knox Configure:
- Phones - S8/S8+, Note8, S9/S9+, Note9 ~ (flagship only)
- Tablets – Tab S4
To set the DeX specific configuration attributes of Setup and Dynamic edition profiles:
- Select Profiles from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Either select the link of an existing listed profile, or navigate to the top, right-hand side, of the screen and select CREATE PROFILE. For information on defining the pre-requisite profile settings required before the DeX specific profile values are set, go to: Setup edition or Dynamic edition.
- Set the following Knox Configure profile BRANDING settings for the DeX device:
- Set booting logo - Select a DeX device booting logo to display on the device only when its booting. Ensure the selected file is in the .png file format.
- Default Home screen wallpaper - Upload a file to use as the DeX device's home screen wallpaper. The recommended aspect ratio is 16:9 (2560 x 1440, 1920 x 1080, or 1600 x 900).
- Default Lock screen wallpaper - Upload a file to use as the DeX device's lock screen wallpaper. The recommended aspect ratio is 16:9 (2560 x 1440, 1920 x 1080, or 1600 x 900). Keep in mind this feature may not work properly on DeX devices that are running Knox version 3.1 or below.
- Refer to the DISPLAY portion of the screen and optionally select Set screen timeout (seconds). Once selected, the drop-down menu becomes enabled to define an inactivity interval for the DeX device's screen timeout. Select an interval in a range from 15 seconds to 60 minutes.
- Refer to the HOME SCREEN LAYOUT portion of the screen and select a + within the screen to add applications or URL shortcuts to customize the home screen once in DeX mode.
- Once a + is selected from the screen, select Applications, Bookmark or Nothing from the Type drop-down menu.
- Applications - Ensure the application is already installed on the device or has been installed using a properly formatted .apk file. Home screen shortcuts cannot be used for disabled applications or applications that require an installation from the Google Play Store. Choose the SELECT button when ready to continue.
- Bookmark - Use the Select bookmark drop-down menu to add an existing bookmark to the DeX Home screen. Choose the SELECT button when ready to continue.
- Refer to the APPLICATIONS IN DEX MODE field at the bottom of the screen and optionally use the drop-down menu t select an application to auto-launch when the device's DeX mode is initiated.
- Select Disable applications in DeX Mode to disable applications when actually in DeX mode. These applications will continue to run as normal when disconnected from DeX mode.
- Refer to the DEVICE CONNECTIVITY at the bottom of the screen to set connectivity options for DeX Pad or HDMI-to-USB-C connectors.
- Enforce Ethernet - Select this option to remove or disable tethering restrictions.
- Enforce virtual MAC address - Select this option to permit the enforcement of virtual MAC address device assignment.