Knox Configure for wearables
Knox Configure for wearables (WKC) is a cloud-based service that empowers enterprises to customize and automate the enrollment of Samsung wearable devices purchased from authorized Samsung resellers.
Knox Configure for wearable devices simplifies the out-of-box experience and enables a large range of configuration options.
This document is intended for:
- IT Admins — Admins create profiles with the device settings, restrictions, apps, and other content to deploy to groups of devices. After devices have been successfully enrolled into the enterprise, they receive the KC device profile via a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection.
- Resellers — Resellers bulk upload devices on behalf of requesting customers.
Try the solution
Use WKC to configure and customize wearable devices. Unlike phones and tablets, wearable devices utilize unique Tizen based applications and animation specific to the wearable device platform.START TUTORIAL
About Knox Configure for wearables
Knox Configure is available in separate Setup and Dynamic editions for wearable devices.
The Setup edition allows you to deploy settings and profiles a single time with no additional incremental updates available. This profile is designed for customers who want to re-brand devices for their own consumers out-of-the-box.
The Setup edition includes a select subset of the policies and settings available in the Dynamic edition's normal mode such as:
- Pull the latest watch profile
- Customize the appearance of the default watch face
- Customize the appearance of the booting and shutdown animation
- Hide setting and menu elements
- Turn USB debugging mode on/off
- Remap hardware keys
- Disallows software updates
- Define custom connectivity settings including
- Airplane mode
- Disable a limited amount of apps
Learn more about Knox Configure's features by going to the Knox Configure landing page.
To begin using Knox Configure for wearable devices:
- Purchase supported wearable devices from a participating reseller.
- Sign up for a Samsung Knox portal account.
- Request access to Knox Configure.
- Set the correct firewall exceptions to extend beyond your local and protected network domain and securely connect to the Knox Configure server.
- Use a supported browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome). Note that Internet Explorer isn't recommended if using an on-premise MDM.
Device User Prerequisites
Note that for a wearable device to receive push updates, it needs a network connection through the following options:
- Without phone connection (WPC) mode
- Connect the wearable device to a network by Wi-Fi and receive push updates set by the IT admin through an access point (AP).
- Or connect the wearable device to a mobile network.
- Connect the wearable device to a network through a mobile device when using companion mode.
The deployment process
Using the Samsung Knox Configure web console, IT admins and System integrators can create profiles with device settings, restrictions, apps and other custom content to deploy to groups of devices.
After devices have been successfully enrolled into the enterprise, they will receive device profiles via Wi-Fi or mobile data.
Using a web-based console, IT Admins create profiles with wearable device settings, restrictions, apps, and other content to deploy to groups of wearable devices. After wearable devices have been successfully enrolled into the enterprise, they receive their configuration profiles via Wi-Fi or mobile data.
The image below outlines the steps required in the Knox Configure deployment process.