Create a profile
This section guides you through how to create a new profile for wearable devices. Once you create a new profile, you can then customize your profile to apply custom settings to your wearable devices.
To create a profile:
- Launch the Knox Configure Portal though the Samsung Knox dashboard.
- Select Profiles from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Click CREATE A PROFILE.
- Select the device you'd like to customize: Click WEARABLE.
- Ensure you select the appropriate device type. PHONE OR TABLET utilize different applications and settings than WEARABLE devices.
- Click Select under SETUP EDITION or DYNAMIC EDITION to specify the KC edition for the profile.
- For a full listing of features available for each edition, select the Feature Comparison Table link.
This section describes inputting and retrieving basic wearable device profile information.
- Knox version— The Knox version is hard coded to the profile. The version number can also be found by going to device settings: Settings > About device > Software info.
To use the latest profile features for Knox Configure, upgrade devices to the latest Knox version.
- Profile name — Enter a unique name not already used by an existing profile in your organization.
- Profile description — (optional) Provides an extended profile description to further distinguish this profile from others that may contain similar attributes.
- Company name — Enter your organization's name.
- Address 1 — Enter your organization's address.
- Address 2 — (Optional) Enter additional details about your organization's address.
- City — Enter your organization's city.
- State — Enter your organization's State.
- Country — Enter your organization's country.
- Zip Code — Enter your organization's zip code or postal code.
The device user will see the following information after tapping the Contact Support link on the watchface UI:
- Phone — Enter the phone number for support.
- Email address — Enter the email address for support.
- Enrollment Preferences — (Optional) Select Allow end users to cancel enrollment to enable device users to decline device enrollment. If you don't select this option, devices are automatically enrolled to Knox Configure after the device profile has been approved.
- License — Used to assign devices uploaded by Bluetooth using KDA. Note that if a license is not selected, this profile will not appear as an option in the Knox Deployment App.
The Select Applications tab allows you to upload select relevant Tizen based wearable device apps or custom watch face apps to utilize with your device profile. Additionally, you can also add apps that can be invoked after a hardware key is remapped.
For additional instructions of how to upload and add apps, read about the App management feature.
You've completed 2/4 steps! Go to the next step and customize your Knox Configure profile for: