How to deploy the Knox E-FOTA client to a kiosk through KSP
Last updated September 9th, 2022
- Knox E-FOTA
- Knox Manage
- Knox Service Plugin (KSP)
- Fully managed Android device
- Kiosk mode
This article provides guidance on how to deploy the Knox E-FOTA client to a kiosk through Knox Manage and a KSP profile.
How to deploy the Knox E-FOTA client
Before enrolling the device in Knox Manage, configure Knox E-FOTA to skip waiting for the user’s consent to the terms and conditions during enrollment, shortening the time to deploy:
On the Knox Admin Portal, click your account icon and select Manage service & preferences.
How to set up Kiosk mode and configure KSP in Knox Manage
To set up a kiosk in Knox Manage and configure a profile:
On the Knox Manage console, go to Kiosk and click Add.
Choose whether to configure a multi-app kiosk or a single-app kiosk and click OK. The Add Kiosk page opens.
Enter a name for the kiosk, select settings for the device and allowlisted apps, then save the kiosk.
Go to Profile and assign the new kiosk to the desired profile, but stay on the Modify Policy page instead of saving the profile right away.
While still on the Modify Policy page, expand the Samsung Knox > Knox Service Plugin policy drawer, then set the following Device-wide policies:
- Enable device policy controls to True
- Firmware update (FOTA) policy > Enable firmware controls to True
- Firmware update (FOTA) policy > Allow firmware update over-the-air to False
- Firmware update (FOTA) policy > Allow firmware update in recovery mode to False
- Firmware update (FOTA) policy > Enforce firmware auto update on Wi-Fi (Premium) to False
- Firmware update (FOTA) policy > Enable E-FOTA client installation & launch to True
Under Device-wide policies > Device Admin allowlisting, set Enable device admin controls to True, then add com.samsung.android.knox.containercore as an allowlisted app to act as a device admin.
Save and Assign the profile to the group or organization that contains the kiosk.
To learn more about creating a campaign with Knox E-FOTA or connecting Knox E-FOTA to Knox Manage, refer to the How-to videos.Back to KBAs
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!