Prerequisites for connecting to MobileIron
Last updated July 26th, 2023
This section describes prerequisite steps you need to perform before you can start connecting to MobileIron.
You can connect to a MobileIron on-premise server or cloud (Saas) server. We assume that you already have a MobileIron account that you use to connect to your on-premise or cloud console. You can use the login credentials for that account to connect Knox E-FOTA to MobileIron.
MobileIron On-premise: Only version 10.8 and later are supported.
MobileIron Cloud: You can only sync device groups from the default space (Global space).
When connecting to Knox E-FOTA, your GDPR (General Data Privacy Regulation) profile must not be enabled in the MobileIron console. If it is enabled, no data will be synced between MobileIron and Knox E-FOTA. Once connected, you must keep GDPR disabled. Otherwise, the next group sync may cause your synced devices to be removed from Knox E-FOTA.
Disable your GDPR profile in MobileIron (on-premise)
Follow these steps to disable your GDPR profile if you plan to connect to a MobileIron on-premise server.
- In the MobileIron console, click Devices & Users > Users.
- In the list of users, click the edit icon next to the user you want to use to connect Knox E-FOTA to MobileIron.
- In the Edit User popup, deselect the Enable GDPR checkbox.
- Click Save.
Disable your GDPR profile in MobileIron (cloud)
Follow these steps to disable your GDPR profile if you plan to connect to a MobileIron cloud server.
- In the MobileIron console, click Users > Users.
- In the Users screen, click the name of the user you want to use to connect Knox E-FOTA to MobileIron.
- In the Details screen for that user, click Edit.
- When prompted to authenticate, enter your admin password, and click Authenticate.
- Still in the Details screen, scroll down to the GDPR Profile section, and switch the option OFF.
- Click Save.
Is this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!