Push profile updates to devices
On this page
This section provides information on pushing profile updates to devices registered to Knox Manage.
Before you can push profile updates to devices, ensure you've completed the prerequisite steps:
- Enroll to Knox Manage — Enroll to Knox Manage by adding users.
- Create a Device Management Profile — Manage devices registered to Knox Manage by creating a device management profile. Set platform specific device control policies and add settings to manage enterprise devices. A profile can be assigned to target device, a group of devices or to an organization for efficient mobile device management.
- Create an Application Management Profile — Manage each application by setting policies in the application management profile. You can assign and deploy the app management profile to a specific organization or group.
- Deploy Knox Manage to devices — Deploy Knox Manage to devices using Knox Mobile Enrollment or by sending a download link.
If you've missed these steps, revisit the Get Started with Knox Manage tutorial.
Push profile update to a device
- Go to Devices & Users > Devices.
- Search for the target device, then click the search icon.
- Select the device(s) that you want to update, click the command icon.
- Assign device commands and profiles in the Device Command window.
- Click OK.
Push profile update to a group
Users can be added to profile groups for efficient mobile device management. Profiles can be assigned to profile groups which updates all users assigned to the group.
To register a profile group for deployment:
- On the left pane, go to: Devices & Users > Groups.
- Click the add icon.
- Select Register Profile Group.
- Enter a Group ID to uniquely identify the profile group. Note that only English characters and numbers are permitted.
- For Group Component: Select Users or Devices. In this example, Users are selected.
- By default, the profile group is private, optionally select Public to display the profile group to all administrators.
- For Selection Method: Select Filter or Select from List.
- To add users to the group, select the target users from the left-hand panel and click Update.
- Click Save.
- In the Profile Assignment window: Select a Device Management Profile and App Management Profile.
- Click Save.
- In the Deploy Profile(s) window: Click Yes to deploy the assigned profile to the group.
View device command queue
To review the device command queue:
- On the left pane, go to : Service Overview > Device Command in Queue.
To resend device commands: