Deploy Knox Manage and update profiles
On this page
This section provides information on deploying Knox Manage to end users via Samsung's Universal MDM Client (UMC), UMC is built into all Samsung Android devices and allows devices to download MDM agents without accessing the Google Play Store.
Deploy Knox Manage via Universal MDM Client (UMC)
- Go to Device & Users > Users & Organization and select an organization from the left pane.
- Select all users and click Send SMS.
- In the Send SMS window, from Type, select EMM Installation_UMC. In the Template field, select UMC Installation Address, and then click OK.
- End users will receive an email or SMS message with a link that allows them to download the Knox Manage app without accessing the Google Play store.
- When users sign in to Knox Manage for the first time, they will sign in with their username in the form of UserID@TenantID and their password is automatically set to their UserID. After the initial login, they will be prompted to set a new password.
Push profile updates to devices
- Go to Devices & Users > Devices.
- Select the device(s) that you want to update.
- In the Device Command window, click Apply and then click OK.