On this page
Refer to the KME Resellers screen to register Samsung-approved reseller(s) so Samsung can verify their device ownership and assist in preventing erroneous enrolments. The reseller screen lists each reseller, their ID, default profile and upload approval preference. Optionally select Register reseller to lookup reseller IDs, select a default profile to assign to devices purchased from this reseller and set their upload approval preference. The bottom of the Resellers screen lists your important Customer ID provided to your reseller.
When a device is purchased from a reseller, the reseller can automatically upload the device to your KME account. The uploaded devices display within the DEVICES > Uploads page.
Add a reseller
The REGISTER RESELLERS screen displays a list of resellers, their corresponding reseller ID, default enrollment profile and upload approval preference. Each reseller displays as a link that can be selected to edit that reseller's profile and approval preferences.
NOTE - Previous to this release and the introduction of the new KME console, you registered a reseller by selecting the Register Reseller button from within the Reseller tab. However, now you select Resellers from the left-hand navigation menu and select Register Reseller from the ACTION drop-down menu. Refer to the instructions below for the new way to register a reseller.
To add a reseller:
- Select Resellers from the left-hand navigation menu.
NOTE - The top of the Resellers screen lists your Customer ID that you will need to provide to your reseller. Be sure to make a note of it, as it does not appear any place else in the portal.
- Contact your carrier or reseller for their Reseller ID, and provide your customer ID.
- Refer to the ACTION drop-down menu located on the top, right-hand, side of the screen and select Register reseller.
- Enter the Reseller ID provided by your reseller.
- Select LOOK UP and select your reseller from the list of results. If you encounter errors with the ID, contact your reseller to ensure it is correct.
- Use the Set up reseller devices default profile drop-down menu to assign a default profile to devices purchased from this newly registered reseller.
- Indicate your Upload approval preference:
- Approval needed for each upload — Review and approve each reseller upload separately.
- Automatically approve all uploads from this reseller — The device information uploaded by this reseller is automatically approved, both now and with future uploads.
- Click ADD to confirm the updates.
Verify a reseller
If a reseller has submitted device information, but are not yet verified, you will need to verify the reseller.
NOTE – The verify reseller option is only available if an unverified reseller has uploaded devices on your behalf.
To verify a reseller account:
- Select Devices from the left-hand navigation menu.
- At the top of the page, click Confirm.
- If needed, use the drop-down menu to assign a default profile to devices purchased from this reseller.
- Set how upload approvals are processed for this reseller. Options include:
- Approval needed for each upload — You need to review and approve device information uploaded by this reseller
- Automatically approve all uploads from this reseller — Device information uploaded by this reseller is automatically approved. Once you auto-approve and auto-assign devices from a trusted reseller, you do not have to take any additional action once devices are uploaded by the reseller.
- Once devices are approved, you can configure and enroll them into their respective MDMs.